Friday, April 10, 2009

Cycle 6 - Chemo 1

HELLO!!

I received my first round of chemo yesterday for cycle 6. It was a very long day and it was difficult just to get to the City of Hope. So much traffic...I was late! Anyways, I arrived a little past 8:00AM and left around 6:00PM. My very close friend Veronica took me. She was bored all day since I was asleep for the majority of it.

Cycle 6 is my last cycle of treatment! Thus, I only have one more round of chemo to go! YAY! Two weeks after chemo, I am scheduled for a PET scan. Two days after my PET scan I am scheduled to meet with my doctor to go over the results. Then, 2-4 weeks after that I am scheduled to begin radiation. Before radiation begins I will need to have met with my radiologist to discuss what is in store for me (now that I think about it, I need to remind my doctor to schedule a consult). Radiation should be for about one month and is scheduled to occur every day (Monday-Friday).

Anyways, that's the scoop. Hopefully, I can get Jer to post a video for those that are bored (I know I keep saying that). Hope everyone had a good spring break!

Best,

Melissa

No comments: