Dear All,
Radiation is going as well it can be. My side effects began much earlier than they expected due to a fungal infection know as thrush. Thrush is usually found in the mouth, but for me it was in my throat. This caused a soar throat that is nothing like I have ever experienced (the radiation also exacerbated the soreness due to making the esophagus swollen). Thus, with this combination I was unable to eat over the weekend and lost a total of 5 pounds. When I went in on Monday for my radiation, I was dehydrated so they gave me fluids and canceled the treatment for the day. The fluids made me feel much better, but the doctor said if I am unable to eat they will admit me into the hospital for the remainder of my treatment. Because of that I have been trying harder to eat food and get the liquids down. The doctor also gave me pain medication that has helped a lot, but it puts me to sleep (so I use it when I eat dinner). Anyways, it is almost over. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment