Monday, November 10, 2008

Chemo has begun!

Hey Guys,

Melissa finished her first Chemotherapy treatment today.  She did great.  No allergic reactions(yet) she is just wiped out!  They were pumping antibiotics and fluid in her for 8 hours straight!  She was peeing like crazy.  We even had to stop on the way home.  

So far the side effects include dry mouth and fatigue and we are hoping that is it.  

I want to thank everyone who made Melissa's surprise party so great.  She was shocked and had a blast.  It was really nice to see her so happy and I know she appreciated the fact that she was able to celebrate her birthday with all of you before she started chemo.

Melissa has started watching Heroes Season One.  So all you Heroes fans, don't ruin anything for her, but feel free to chat it up with her about your special abilities.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohoo...you're almost done!
-Chelsea

Alyssa said...

OMG!. . .Heroes is sooooo good!!! I am so tempted to tell you everything, but I couldn't even if I tried. I am so confused this season:-(