Saturday, February 7, 2009

We got schooled

Today Melissa and I went to USC Medical Center for a conference for young cancer survivors.  We listened to many of the young survivors speak about their experiences and we also learned about various fertility methods and complications that may arise from cancer treatment.  It was a really interesting day, and it was very inspiring to see so many 18-30 year olds who have had to go through such a tough time fighting cancer.  Many people had more horrible stories than we could ever imagine.  They had representatives from all sorts of cancer societies like the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, UCLA Cancer Center, USC Cancer Center (way better than that crappy UCLA one), City of Hope etc. etc.  They also had someone speak about health care but we realized that Melissa is still in a tough position when it comes to this.  If there is any lesson here, it is  GET HEALTH CARE!  IT IS GOOD!

They also served unlimited Starbucks coffee.  I had at least 7 cups.  The doctors said that 7 cups would not cause cancer so I was stoked.

Before we went to USC, we had to stop at the City of Hops so Melissa could get her Neupogen shot to boost her white blood count.  I got this sweet new flip camera from woot.com and I brought it to film the festivities.  If you don't like needles, don't watch.  


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its Vero
you two are too gay lol but ya im glad you went to that event. i hope it helped and inspired you to not give anything up and continue being amazing!
loveyou gurly
call me

Alyssa said...

That was AWESOME!!!! Jeremy, I want more videos!!! Melissa. . .keep being you in videos. It makes me giggle:-)

mr. green said...

I'm grossed out. =D

Anonymous said...

I second Alyssa's request...more video of Melissa!

-chelsea