Thursday, October 2, 2008

Appointment October 2nd

Today I had two separate appointments. The first was a PET scan. This scan allows the doctor to see whether or not there are other lymph nodes throughout my body that are enlarged. This took about 3 hours. The only painful thing about it was having to stay still for the entire time. My body became so stiff! The second was a picc placement. A picc is similar to an IV, but the plastic tube stays in my arm for the entire length of time that I get chemotherapy. Unfortunately, they could not do it today because they could not find my vein, thus, they scheduled it for tomorrow so they could use the ultra sound to help guide them. It is good because I will not have to be poked by needles every time I go. It is not so good because it is uncomfortable and looks disgusting (not the best thing for fashion :D ). The last minor thing I did was have them take some blood so they can determine my red cell blood count before tomorrow. Unfortunately, I do not have results so I cannot share them with you. You see the hospital has a thing about giving out results. They leave everything for the doctor and when I see him is when I find out.

Best,

Melissa

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Melinda, you are in our thought and prayers. We miss you tons!
Accesorize, you will be SUPER fashionable!! ;D

Anonymous said...

You can give me some of your blood and I can get your blood count for you!! I can also draw your blood!!! (Be warned, I am not licensed to do that... yet)

Anonymous said...

hey ok well thanks for the sending of the blog
im glad you did this and yes it will def. make it easier for you in the prossess of this whole thing.
so ya again jus know i love you, my fam loves you and we are praying and will do whatever we can to help you!

Anonymous said...

last comment by anonymous is by veronica