All the preliminary tests have been conducted and I am on my way to starting treatment. I must say my day started early and it was filled with sleep. For the pet scan they gave me a little pill that I would like to have taken home with me so that I can take it at night. Anyways, that made me sleep throughout the whole process...I must say compared to the first PET scan it was amazing! My body was not stiff and the time passed so quickly (since I slept).
The bone marrow biopsy was also a much more pleasant experience. I did not feel a thing...that is until I woke up, but the pain is not as bad either because they only did one side instead of both. When they started giving me the anesthetic they told me to count backwards from ten. The doctor said it works super fast, but I did not believe him...I was skeptical. Anyways, it turns out he was right because the last number I said before knocking out was ten. SAD...but awesome. I would also like to take some of that home with me, but they said no. I will do a better job at charming them next time. :D
Currently, I am just resting....(I have been doing that all day). At the beginning, I had more pain...but it seems to be subsiding. YAY for that! I will probably relax for the rest of the night and do homework tomorrow...must get back on it since I'm behind.
Oh...before I forget to mention...they scheduled my treatments for the first cycle of chemotherapy and the rituxan. They will be on Monday, with the 3rd of November being the first one. I will get a more detailed calendar on that day....
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you manage to charm the doctors into getting you some of those magical pills. . .can I have some?!?! I know I am not going through anything close to what you are, but I would like to "disappear" for a little bit and sleep in a happy place too!
Happy Halloween Melly I hope you're having a good time doing something fun tonight. Unlike me, sitting at home edumacating myself on a friday night... nursing is wayyy too HaRD!!!..."that's what she said!" Stay Strong! Waddup to Jeremy!
GO LAKERS!!! We takin' it this year!!!
Oh I forgot... HeNRY's GaY!
Post a Comment