Friday, October 3, 2008

Good News

Melissa got some good news today after her trip to Olive View. The City of Hope in Duarte had decided to admit Melissa as a charity patient!  For those of you who do not know the City of Hope hospital, they are one of the best cancer hospitals in the country.  This is terrific news and her first appointment wont be until Oct. 16.  They are, however, trying to get her an earlier appointment.  They still want Melissa to get her picc in her arm at county this week.

Melissa's new doctor at the City of Hope will be Dr. Leslie Popplewell (it's fun to say!).  I think Justin Puopolo (Melissa and my friend in medical school) and Dr. Poppelwell should start a medical practice called Puop and Popp.  

Anyways a nice bit of good news.  

While you are reading, do not forget to check out this interesting video on how to check if you have cancer.


3 comments:

Alyssa said...

WOOHOOO!!!! That is GREAT news! Things are going your way Melissa:-)

Sandy said...

That is awesome news!! I'm am very happy to hear that you will get the best care available...you deserve nothing less. :)

Anonymous said...

yay! gosh, i'm so happy! That will ease a lil bit of your worries.I know your energy has been draining due to everything. i can tell cuz of the lack of replies to my calls. :( BUT i understand completely so ima back off & give ya space.I want you to know that I MISS you terribly & if i'm not calling, it's not cuz I forgot about you! I love you!